Looking to fix your slow laptop or desktop? There are a number of root problems which can lead to frustrating performance from your applications, games or videos. To help you figure out which combination of issues is holding you back, we’ll dive into each of the likely suspects:
- Hardware Maintenance
- Software Maintenance
- Malware & Virus
A) Hardware Maintenance
Like any complex piece of machine, your desktop or laptop should be physically cleaned on a regular basis. There are many number of ways poor computer hygiene can lend itself to reduced efficiency; most commonly, you’ll see problems with too much heat generation, which can slow your computer or components, and age your components permanently. Just make sure you shut your computer off and clean it extremely thorough in a careful way and don’t leave dust sitting where it might cause problems.
B) Software Maintenance
Of course, hardware maintenance is only a minor proportion of the process of keeping your computer in good condition and to keep your desktop and laptop running quickly. You’ll want to make sure you keep the software clean and clear too. There are few components to this:
- Disc Fragmentation: Most modern computers or laptops handle this automatically, but if yours doesn’t it can be a pain. Disk fragmentation makes your hard disk do extra work that can slow down your computer. Removable storage devices such as USB flash drives can also become fragmented. Disk defragmentation in Windows rearranges fragmented data so your disks and drives work more efficiently. Defragmentation runs on a schedule, but you can also analyze and defragment your disks and drives manually.
- Excessive Background Processes: If you’re running too many programs at once, your computer will run slow. Often, we’re running far more programs than we realize in the background. Check for unnecessary programs in your task manager.
- Memory Hogging Toolbars and Add-ons: Notice a bunch of extra buttons, bars, and frills in your browser lately? These can slow down your computer in a big way; each one is basically a background program in and of itself.
- Delayed Updates: Make sure you’re installing recommended updates on a regular basis. This will upgrade drivers, patch security holes, and otherwise, tweak your system to run optimally.
C) Malware and Virus Removal
Getting away from simple wear and tear aspects of your laptop slowing down, let’s look at malicious infections. There are a few categories of bad data to be cautious of as a computer owner. While viruses are the most dangerous and malicious, they’re not nearly as common as more mundane malware that redirects you to certain websites, forces popups on you, installed browser bars you don’t want, and similarly ruin your browsing experience. Some viruses infect your computer to steal processing power, so the source of the infection can use your computer to hack other computers, sell your processing power, and so on. This will dramatically slow your computer.
Other malware slows your desktop PC or laptop simply by existing and being poorly designed. A piece of software that adds extra links to every web page isn’t just annoying, it’s often going to slow your system immensely because of bad programming.
Cleaning your system of these infections can turn a sluggish desktop or a laptop computer into a lightning-fast one instantly if enough of them are currently present.
Sometimes, laptops and computers are not slow because of maintenance issues or infections. Sometimes, they’re just getting a bit old for the task to perform. Understanding what needs to be upgraded in your computer can be difficult, but you get a general idea of the problem at times by looking at the specific activities you’re struggling with:
- Videos: Video card, CPU or hard drive
- Games: Video card most likely, but potentially any component
- Multitasking: RAM for keeping multiple programs active, CPU for switching quickly
- Opening new programs: Hard drive or CPU
- General computing: CPU, RAM or hard drive
Desktop PC and Laptop Repair Services
- Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal
- Troubleshooting Operating System Issues
- Operating System Upgrade (Windows 7 and 8)
- Computer Setup and Configuration
- Hardware Installation, Repair and Replacement
- Memory Upgrade
- Wireless and Wired Networking
- Desktop PC Tune-up and Performance Enhancement
- Software Troubleshooting and Technical Support
- Spyware and Virus Protection
- Restore, Fix and Clean Up Registry Files and Errors
- LAN Connectivity and Troubleshooting Services
- Diagnose and Fix Broadband Issues
- Firmware and BIOS Update
Laptop Problems We Can Troubleshoot and Fix
- Battery Problems
- CD and DVD Drive Problems
- Hard Drive Problems
- E-Mail and Internet Problems
- Error Messages
- Keyboard Problems
- Lockups and Software Problems
- Media Card Reader Problems
- Memory Problems
- Network Problems
- Power Problems
- Sound and Speaker Problems
- Video and Monitor Problems
Laptop Repair and Upgrade Services
- Laptop Keyboard Repair and Replacement
- Laptop LCD/LED Screen Replacement
- Laptop Hard Drive Upgrade and Replacement
- Optical Drive Replacement
- Operating System Upgrades and Installation
- Laptop Software Troubleshooting
- Fix Video and Graphics Problems
- Laptop DC Power Jack Repair and Replacement
- Laptop Fan Repair and Replacement
We offer a variety of Apple Mac repairs such as screen replacements, hard drive replacements, keyboards, software problems, optical drives and any other issues you may experience. As laptop repair specialists, we use genuine Apple Mac parts, so you’re guaranteed the finest quality result!
Although this is not very common, Macs can suffer from operating system problems and we can resolve all types of problem. Newer programs require more and more RAM and it’s surprising how quickly you can fill up your hard drive with photos, music, and videos. We can easily upgrade the RAM on your system and upgrade to a larger hard drive or SSD without you needing to reinstall all the software.
Why Veracity World
At Veracity World, we have our qualified and experienced technicians who identify computer issues or faults and can fix or repair your laptop or desktop, regardless of whether the fault is hardware or software related. We work alongside your schedule. We focus on getting the repairs done as soon as possible, knowing that your devices are your necessities. Desktop or laptops usually take longer to fix however, we can guarantee you that your desktop or laptops will be in 100% working order once you get it back. That makes Veracity World specialize in the repair and maintenance of computers for home users and businesses.
Here at Veracity World, we offer a variety of services throughout the whole of the UAE one of which is a laptop screen, keyboard, hard drive and solid-state drive repair and replacement service. We understand how frustrating it can be if your laptop screen becomes cracked or damaged and how much of an inconvenience it can be for your day to day life.
With the support of our well-developed infrastructure, we undertake laptops & computers repair services in most efficient manner. The laptops & computers repair services provided by us are rendered under the guidance of our professionals with the usage of supreme quality basic materials and ultra-modern techniques. We execute these services after understanding the exact requirements of our customers. Additionally, the offered services can be easily availed from us at reasonable prices.
- Quality execution of work
- Centralized to provide utmost satisfaction to our clients
- Optimum utilization of resources